A How to on Creating an Articles Site Using Joomla
This Article presumes fundamental wisdom of Joomla. A operating set up of Joomla is needed.
Let’s say you wish to have – or simply need – to create a Site identical to EzineArticles or identical. If you might be inquisitive about the usage of a extra generic CMS, and now not an article-site focused script, you may take into consideration the usage of Joomla. That is all the time a sensible choice.
If you attempted to make use of Joomla as it’s, with the default Article Management you’ll quickly really feel its obstacles, There are some flaws that can obstruct you to regulate your website like a certified Article publishing Webservice.
1. You need to make the customers Editors. Regular customers (Registered) do not need the correct to create Articles. You need to cause them to manually Editors. This would possibly paintings for some site ideas, however for many an automation could be welcome.
2. Users Cannot view their submitted content material. There is not any checklist of submitted articles.
3. Administrators don’t get any notification consistent with e mail when a brand new Article was once submitted.
4. Users don’t get an e mail notification when their Articles were given authorized and revealed
5. Users don’t get a message or notification when their Article is NOT authorized.
6. Article Submitting interface is complicated and fairly difficult for newbie customers and customers now not used to Joomla interface. There are some options that don’t seem to be wanted in a typical article primarily based site. For example the entire mosimage thought is simply a ache for a typical person, since no webmaster in the correct thoughts would permit any person to add media on their server. Also the entire symbol embedding idea that Joomla makes use of isn’t very intuitive for the primary time person.
7. The most disturbing a part of the entire Article Management procedure is the approving gadget of Joomla. By default there’s no strategy to clear out the unpublished content material and even to have the most recent submitted articles first. Imagine you may have loads of articles already submitted by means of customers and round 10 submitted an afternoon. To to find those and to test the contents you need to seek after the name or one way or the other slim the checklist.
8. There is not any strategy to have a reject-edit-republish workflow. That manner in case your person publishes a piece of writing that then you reject, there’s now mechanism to be sure that the person will get a comments on his errors so he can postedit the thing and resubmit it. This is a significant flaw within the article thought of any first rate article publishing site.
Looking for overcoming those shortcomings of Joomla we attempted to discover a set of elements that let you whole those duties and use the usual Joomla article Management. We don’t attempted out core hacks or identical since those are onerous to care for to the most recent model of Joomla and likewise may just intervene with different elements which might be necessary for a just right Joomla Website (Community Builder, and so on)
We seemed in different assets within the hope to seek out an built-in resolution for our issues. We may just handiest to find scattered elements that remedy one of the vital issues, however now not in the way in which we was hoping:
JA Submit and Ninja Simple publish – ninjoomla.com
– simplifies the submission procedure
– permits non-registered submission (now not our objective thou) however overcomes the issue with manually making the customers Registered.
– Remove one of the vital complicated mistakes Joomla throws on the unknowingly person
– Allows customers to edit their previous submissions
– Allows customers to unpublish their content material
– Allows customers to publish in any phase
Article Factory Manager – http://www.thefactory.ro
– The set up of this element went with out a drawback, identical to a regular Component. Then we made a Menu (displayed only for registered customers) with some hyperlinks to the primary functionalities of this element. We outlined “My Articles”, “Submit new article”, and ” my Resource Box”
– An fascinating function the element introduces to our workflow is the “useful resource field”. This is a small signature field permitting handiest restricted HTML code in it (simply Anchor and Breaks – a and br ). This is a data field in regards to the person that will probably be appended to their submitted articles. This approach customers save their data and one-way links as soon as and will focal point at the Article submission procedure.
– Another neat function we came upon and that proves to be an overly helpful for us site owners that don’t want our webpages to become a hyperlink farm – is the limitation of the choice of anchors in a piece of writing and one at a time within the Resource Box. This approach we be sure that customers won’t publish articles with a large number of hyperlinks in them with no need to reject them. They merely can not publish them.
– We had been fortunately stunned additionally by means of the HTML tags limitation chance, a function that strips all tags but even so the allowed ones. As we mentioned with the authors, all “script” tags are robotically striped without reference to your settings. This is a must have safety function.