Flash CS4 and After Effects CS4 – Web Animation Matrimony
Animating in a 2.5D global is simply as just right as 3-d, and if truth be told it’s my choice while you couple the 2 largest same-suite movement graphics instrument in combination, Flash CS4 and After Effects CS4. Before the discharge of CS4 integrating the 2 was once like placing in combination oil and water and forcing them to emulsify. Now its extra like placing in combination apples and oranges (with a shot of rum) and making fruit punch!
After Effects is frequently used as a video modifying and enhancement instrument, taking video photos and making use of infinite results, textual content animations and 3-d digital camera actions. The recordsdata created don’t at all times comprise movies, repeatedly its simply cool textual content results and movement graphics created inside the program. The recordsdata may also be rendered (i.e., exported) in .swf, .avi, .flv and my non-public favourite the brand new .xfl. My subsequent article will cope with using those report sorts to your tasks.
After Effects turns out like a dream to a Flash developer on the other hand the issue for us is that once compiled, the After Effects recordsdata are motion pictures with none person interplay like buttons and rollover animations, in contrast to a .swf report. That is the place Flash CS4 is available in to play. Flash can now take the brand new .xfl After Effects report and import the photos and manipulate it like a film clip. The simplest limitation in Flash with the usage of the .xfl report is that you can not edit the true photographs created in After Effects, on the other hand you’ll be able to use key framing to switch the film’s time line.
When rendering (exporting) an After Effects XFL for Flash, the settings for saving the report is also a little bit mysterious. There are third-party plug ins to be had for “squeezing” the photos right into a small report whilst keeping up solution, however I like to recommend first making an attempt a couple of settings that send with the product.
Some helpful guidelines that may prevent a large number of headache while you first start to mess around with integrating the 2:
- Use the CS4 variations of After Effects and Flash, else the XFL report isn’t to be had in prior variations
- Export your After Effects compositions as XFL
- Open the XFL as you could possibly an FLV – uploading within a film does now not paintings except the report has been opened and stored as a film clip which may also be imported into any film library
- Select “on6 vp6” codec – DO NOT USE THE DEFAULT – SPARKS! Sparks has considerably decrease efficiency (Don’t purchase a third celebration compressor except you don’t seem to be happy after tooling round with the settings)
- Do now not export audio if you happen to don’t seem to be the usage of it to your AE report – if truth be told I like to recommend putting the audio to your Flash report
- Be ingenious – you’ll be able to make superior animations and results in After Effects and lead them to interactive and a laugh to the person with Flash. When I design in AE repeatedly I’m incessantly making plans for Flash parts and integration
- Get the trial – Adobe has an ordeal for each product they bring – get a 30 day head get started for your new talent! In truth, as soon as the trial is up, you almost certainly must simply improve your suite as CS4 (assuming you have already got some Flash/Adobe merchandise) is really price it!
- Get tutorialized – there are lots of instructional websites akin to www.videocopilot.net, www.creativecow.com and YouTube, in addition to different video content material primarily based websites – be told what After Effects can do!
- Read my articles. Not to be self-serving, on the other hand I intend to proceed fleshing out the arena of Flash and AE within the CS4 global and I wish to save others an excessive amount of time and headache!
Remember to have a laugh and measure your time as you recover – title your value in your new talent as I doubt your pageant is doing it and the idea that continues to be reasonably new!