Product Positioning Strategies
Positioning is what the buyer believes about your product’s price, options, and advantages; this is a comparability to the opposite to be had choices presented by means of the contest. These ideals have a tendency to in line with buyer studies and proof, moderately than consciousness created by means of promoting or promotion.
Marketers organize product positioning by means of focusing their advertising and marketing actions on a positioning technique. Pricing, promotion, channels of distribution, and promoting all are geared to maximise the selected positioning technique.
Generally, there are six elementary methods for product positioning:
1. By characteristic or benefit- This is probably the most regularly used positioning technique. For a mild beer, it may well be that it tastes nice or that it’s much less filling. For toothpaste, it may well be the mint style or tartar regulate.
2. By use or application- The customers of Apple computer systems can design and use graphics extra simply than with Windows or UNIX. Apple positions its computer systems in line with how the pc will probably be used.
3. By user- Facebook is a social networking website online used completely by means of faculty scholars. Facebook is just too cool for MySpace and serves a smaller, extra refined cohort. Only faculty scholars might take part with their campus e mail IDs.
4. By services or products class- Margarine competes as an alternative choice to butter. Margarine is located as a lower price and fitter selection to butter, whilst butter supplies higher style and healthy components.
5. By competitor- BMW and Mercedes incessantly evaluate themselves to one another segmenting the marketplace to simply the crème de l. a. crème of the auto marketplace. Ford and Chevy needn’t follow.
6. By worth or quality- Tiffany and Costco each promote diamonds. Tiffany desires us to imagine that their diamonds are of the very best quality, whilst Costco tells us that diamonds are diamonds and that just a chump can pay Tiffany costs.
Positioning is what the buyer believes and now not what the supplier desires them to imagine. Positioning can alternate due the counter measures taken on the festival. Managing your product positioning calls for that your buyer and that your festival; most often, that is the activity of marketplace analysis now not simply what the enterpreneur thinks is correct.