Troubleshoot Dell Error Code 0146
Dell error code 0146 happens when your arduous disk is inaccurate. Follow the directions given underneath to mend this mistake.
· Run System in Safe Mode
· Perform Clean Boot
· Run Check Disk
· Run Self Short Test
Run System in Safe Mode:
Run your device in secure mode to peer what occurs. Follow the directions given underneath to run your device in secure mode.
1. Restart your device
2. Press and hang F8 key ahead of Windows brand
3. If you’ve got a couple of running programs put in for your device, use Up and Down arrow keys to focus on the running device. Now run that running device in Safe Mode—you must press F8 as soon as once more
Perform Clean Boot
Now you’ll get entry to your device in secure mode. Your subsequent step must be appearing blank boot to mend dell error code 0146. Follow the directions given underneath to accomplish blank boot.
1. Click on Start button | Type “msconfig” with out quotes in Search field
2. Right-Click on MSCONFIG to run as Administrator
3. Enter Administrator’s password if caused
4. Now click on on General Tab
5. Select selective Startup
6. Clear the burden startup pieces below selective startup
7. Now click on on Services tab | cover all Microsoft Services
8. Now click on on Disable All
9. Apply | OK
10. Restart if caused
Run Check Disk
If you’re nonetheless going through similar error, run take a look at disk to fix issues associated with disk. Check disk would restore issues equivalent to dangerous clusters, listing mistakes, move related recordsdata and misplaced clusters. Follow the directions given underneath to run take a look at disk.
1. Open Start | Type “CMD” with out quotes in Search field
2. Now right-click on Command to run as Administrator
3. Insert right kind administrator password if caused
4. In the command line kind “chkdsk /f /r (Volume is your force identify)
5. Now Press Y
6. Restart your laptop after last all packages
Run Self Short Test
If you’re nonetheless going through dell error code 0146, you wish to have to diagnose this mistake by way of working self shot check. Follow the process given underneath.
1. Restart your laptop
2. Press and hang F12 key, it’s going to display you boot menu
3. Now from boot menu choose Diagnose
4. In reality self diagnose software would run parallel check on RAM, Hard Disk and CPU. It will routinely display you error message.
5. Now press Escape from keyboard to go out
If appearing above steps may just no longer get to the bottom of the mistake, we strongly suggest you to take your device to fix retailer.