Web Design Or Development: What’s the Difference?
What Web Designers Do
Web designers are the beauticians of the Web. Their task is to make web sites glance stunning. This calls for a definite set of talents in each graphics and coding. Skills a internet dressmaker must discover ways to grasp come with:
- HTML: Every web site dressmaker must be told HTML. It’s the fundamental development blocks of web site design.
- CSS: Cascading Style Sheets come with the design parts which are generally interpreted by means of Web browsers. A excellent web site dressmaker might be very acquainted with CSS and the way it interacts with HTML.
- Content Management Systems (CMSs): Some designers paintings solely with CMSs. At the very least, you must be acquainted with WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal. More and extra, I see small industry internet web site designers operating with Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace.
- Photoshop: If you will paintings with graphics, and each and every dressmaker works with graphics, you then must discover ways to manipulate the ones graphics the usage of a photograph enhancing device. While there are others available on the market, Photoshop is well identified as probably the most awesome.
These are the minimal talents. More complicated designers may paintings with PHP, extra difficult to understand CMSs, and use different gear like plugins, templates, and ready-made scripts to make web sites serve as the best way they would like them to.
What Web Developers Do
Web builders are a lot more taken with what’s below the hood of a web site. While web site designers are extra like auto producers who paintings on bringing the most recent innovation in sportiness to the car global, internet builders are extra just like the engineers who paintings on making automobiles extra gas environment friendly or routinely sound. Typically, web site builders are extra within the capability of a web site and get into programming languages and the way they impact the overall design and capability of a web site.
Web builders paintings with programming languages like:
- Ruby on Rails
- HTML and CSS
- and mark-up languages like XHTML
While a dressmaker might be taken with how a person interacts with a web site, the web site developer is extra taken with whether or not the web site works how it must.
Many web site designers additionally paintings as online marketing strategy. Some concentrate on one or the opposite. As a small industry proprietor, you must be acquainted with those phrases so you understand who to name on in case you have an issue to mend.